Colorado Springs, CO
The Pikes Peak Earth Day committee and Pikes Peak Earth Month partners invite the community to a kickoff celebration of Earth Month and the release of the Earth Month Guide. For years now the Pikes Peak Earth Day group has organized a community fair geared toward inspiring community action toward a sustainable future. This year the volunteer committee turned efforts to building unity throughout the community by producing the first regional Earth Month Guide featured in the Colorado Springs Independent to highlight regional events and activities.
The Earth Month Kickoff Party will be at Stargazers Theatre on Sunday, April 1 from 5:30 - 9pm. A $10 tax-deductible donation is suggested. The event includes:
- Release of the Earth Month Guide featured in the CS Independent
- Live music by Alicia and Friends and the J. Miller Band
- Local food by Blue Sage Catering, Conscious Table & Goat Cheese Lady and local beer by Bristol Brewing Company
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo's Quarters for Conservation (Q4C) Program
- Animal appearances courtesy of Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Earth Month Pledges
- Announcement of the Pikes Peak Earth Day Sustainability Grant finalists
Pikes Peak Earth Day will award a matching grant up to $5,000 towards one project in the Pikes Peak region that meets the mission to "celebrate our Earth by enhancing awareness and inspiring personal and community action toward a sustainable future." Top three finalists will be presented to the community at the April 1 Pikes Peak Earth Month Kick Off Party. Community votes online from April 1-22. Winner will be announced at the Veda Fashion Show and Greenie Awards on April 28.
Contact:Phone: (719) 476-2200
Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend