Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Website: Click to Visit
Run to the Shrine features:
- A 4-mile course that curves through the Zoo, up to the Will Rogers Shrine of the Sun and back down into the Zoo.
- A picturesque 1,000-foot elevation gain with stunning views of Colorado Springs
- A commemorative performance T-shirt featuring this year's animal mascot, meerkat Dusty (limited quantities of women's sizes available – register early).
- Chip timing for the competitive athletes and weekend warriors, and accommodations for jogging strollers with safety equipment for the families.
- The Race concludes with a party at Lodge at Moose Lake.
- Your registration includes admission to the Zoo for the rest of the day – up to a $24.75 value for non-members!
- It's your only opportunity all year to travel the Shrine Road by foot!
Run to the Shrine is a great opportunity for both competitive racers and casual walkers to show their support for the Zoo, which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that receives no tax support. We rely on our admissions, memberships, donations and events like this to keep the Zoo "running" and support our many conservation efforts and education programs.
Cost ranges from $30 to $55.
Registration begins January 30.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE:
(Times/Locations subject to change)
- 7:00 a.m. – Registration Opens – Registration tent located in the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo south parking lot
- 8:15 a.m. – Registration and Packet pick-up closes
- 8:30 a.m. – Race Starts
- 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Post-Event Celebration, at Lodge at Moose Lake
- 10 a.m. – Awards Ceremony for overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd for women and men.
Pre-registered participants can pick up their race materials on event day starting at 7:00 a.m. at the entrance to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo south parking lot.
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend